Sunday, December 27, 2009

Why can't I make a new layer on Photoshop?

I have Photoshop Elements 6.0 and I have a picture open and I keep trying to add a new layer and it won't let me! What should I do?Why can't I make a new layer on Photoshop?
Here's how:





►Layer


► New


► LayerWhy can't I make a new layer on Photoshop?
I don't have Elements, but when I see this problem in regular Photoshop it is usually because the Image Mode is set wrong. It needs to be RGB or Grayscale or something other than Index color for you to be able to make a new layer.





In Photoshop, you find the setting in the Image pulldown menu --%26gt; Mode. Maybe Elements is the same?
There are four different ways to create a new layer.





1. Layer %26gt; New %26gt; Layer





2.Try hitting Control+Shift+N (Command+Shift+N for Mac).





3. In your layers pallet (Go to Windows %26gt; Layers, if you don't see it), click on the little triangle at the top right and go to New Layer.





4. At the bottom of your layers pallet, you should see a little square that looks kind of like a sticky note. Click on that.





I hope one of these will work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment