Sunday, December 27, 2009

How much layer pellets do i have to feed 5 leghorn chickens per day if they are 6 months?

I give mine around a cup and a half twice a day not alot since some goes to waste ( OTHER WORDS WONT EAT)How much layer pellets do i have to feed 5 leghorn chickens per day if they are 6 months?
A chicken age 6 month need 100 grams per day. For 5 you need 500gms( half a kilogram). This food it is better to be given twice daily, early in the morning and mid day.How much layer pellets do i have to feed 5 leghorn chickens per day if they are 6 months?
Well the thing is they will do much better if you just fill the feeders and keep them filled all day. They dont over feed themselves. They take the very minimum of feed so it shouldnt be a problem. I keep my feeders full all day every day. I also keep my lights on 24/7 as it keeps them from molting so soon and they lay everyday with an occasional miss now and then. I also put scratch grain and the water in all day full so you always know they are fed and plenty of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment