Friday, January 8, 2010

I waxed and scraped my snowboard but there is still a tiny layer of wax left should I leave it like that?

It is okay to leave a thin layer of wax, after the first couple of runs it will be gone.I waxed and scraped my snowboard but there is still a tiny layer of wax left should I leave it like that?
Get as much off as you can, but you still want a very thin layer of wax on there.I waxed and scraped my snowboard but there is still a tiny layer of wax left should I leave it like that?
I rarely scrape any wax off my board... For one thing, I hate cleaning up the mess and another thing... a few runs down and it will all be gone anyway. The only time I would worry about any excess wax is if you are entering some very high end race where the winners will be determined in fractions of seconds. If you want t he base to look nice and shiny, use a scotch brite pad (you know, the kind you can get for cleaning pots and pans). It will polish the base up real nice and add some texturing to it.
After you wax and scrape your snowboard, you should take a flat piece of cork (comes with Swix wax) and rub the wax in. This ensures that all the wax is in all the nooks and crannys of the base. It will also make you go faster on your first run.

No comments:

Post a Comment